Quick Trips from Western PA
Western Pennsylvania’s first snow is upon us which means winter’s outdoor festivities have officially begun! Hop in the car and head to any of these destinations; they’re only a few hours away and offer everything from skiing to sipping wine by the fireplace.
1. Seven Springs: Seven Springs caters to families and couples alike, so whether you’re looking for a romantic getaway or a weekend of tubing, Seven Springs has it all.
2. Hidden Valley: Hidden Valley, a smaller version of Seven Springs, is a great place for those new to the slopes or visiting with small kids.
3. Splash Lagoon: Located in Erie, this indoor water park is packed with everything kids love: waterslides, a wave pool, even an obstacle course! The best part is once you arrive, you don’t have to leave; the hotel and restaurant are attached to the park, so you don’t have to step foot into the wintery air for an entire weekend!
4. Great Wolf Lodge: A little farther than Splash Lagoon, this Sandusky, Ohio resort boasts many of the same things: affordable family packages, indoor water fun, and on-site dining.
5. Deep Creek: My family and I spend one winter weekend a year in Deep Creek, Maryland because we love the accommodations. Indoor pools and saunas, arcades, and gourmet kitchens all tucked away in gorgeous rustic homes aren’t the only draw: boundless winter activities really make this a great choice for a quick getaway.